Bringing children into a forever family
At Gateway Woods, Christian commitment and caring means demonstrating love towards those who have been forgotten by the world. It means working to bring light and order to a child's life in the place of darkness and disorder. Most importantly, it means bringing God's love to a fallen and confused world. Our goal is to make the adoption experience a true blessing to your family by walking through the process with you. Our skilled and highly trained adoption staff offer personalized services to help in the journey to bring a child into a forever family.
In 2013 Gateway Woods Adoption Program earned Hague Accreditation meaning we can complete home studies and post adoption services for any country in the world that places children in the United States, both Hague and Non-Hague Convention countries.
Our Adoption Services
- Training regarding adoption & cultural issues
- Home studies • Matching children with families (newborn – 18 years, includes children with special needs)
- Domestic child placement
- Court reports
Adoption Service Fees
- Home study and adoption training $1,600 (fees include 100 miles round trip)
- Post placement visit & report $225 (fees include 100 miles round trip)
- Home Study Update $525 (fees include 100 miles round trip)
- Placement fee 12% of income (minimum charge of $13,500, maximum charge of $20,000, excluding additional expenses listed on the Placement Agreement)
- Home study and adoption training $1,950 (fees include 100 miles round trip)
- Countries under the Hague Convention and Russia $1,950
- Post placement visit & report $325 (fees include 100 miles round trip)
- Home study updates $975 maximum (fees include 100 miles round trip), or $110/hour + travel
Home Study Addendums
- Home study addendum for domestic adoption $100 per hour + travel
- Home study addendum for international adoption $110 per hour + travel
- Mileage is charged at the current IRS rate
- Adoption Assistance $100 per hour
- Expedited home study fee $300 (less than 30 days from home visit)
- Psychological Evaluations for Adoption available through our Counseling Department
- Second Adoption Home Study for Domestic Adoption $525
- Second Adoption Home Study for International Adoption $975
Public Comment Opportunity
The Council on Accreditation (COA), a national accrediting entity designated by the US Department of State to provide Hague Accreditation and Approval, invites the public to provide comment on intercountry adoption service providers seeking Hague Accreditation, Approval or Renewal. You are invited to provide comments through COA's website.
Data regarding the number of adoption placements per year for the prior three calendar years, the number and percentage of those placements that remain intact, are disrupted, or have been dissolved, and the number of parents who apply to adopt on a yearly basis for the prior three calendar years is available upon request to the Adoption Program Manager.
*All photographs used on this webpage are of children that have been previously adopted. We do not feature pictures of children waiting to be placed.
Contact and Questions
If you have any questions or would like to let us help you start the journey to bringinga child into your forever family, please contact our adoption manager, Jan Baumgartner:
- Toll free at 888.443.4283 ext 103
- Locally at 260.627.0220 ext 103
- Via the email form below